View Single Post

Garage
Thumbs up

OK; I'll give it a luke-warm thumbs up and see how it ages/develops. There are a lot of ways that they could have made it ugly (see the Pontiac Aztec, I think it used all of them), and Porsche avoided them. Given that this is the first time that Porsche has actually released a 4-door anything, I'll give them credit for being conservative rather then mess it up. Could it have been more distinctive? Yes. Is it a failure design wise? No.

When the Honda Odyssey family/tow vehicle packs in it, I'll take a look at the Cayenne assuming that it can still fit the family, tow what I want to tow and fit the stuff I want to fit. Chances are I'll check out both new and used and make my choice at that time. As of today I don't see anything that disqualifies it from being a future purchase.

The bottom line, It looks like Porsche was batting for a single or double. I think that they got it. Now they have to turn it into a score.

Bring on the Paris-Dakar!!!!

"It's a poor craftsman who blames their tools" -- Unknown
"Any suspension -- no matter how poorly designed -- can be made to work reasonably well if you just stop it from moving." -- Colin Chapman
Old 03-06-2002, 05:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #66 (permalink)