View Single Post

Angry promote cayenne! dont bash it!

I have to admitt that i do like the look of an x5 alot more, but if i had the money and had to choose, i would still get cayenne for the performance and the fact that i am a porschephile. There is definantly not enough sports car look to this suv to match it's performance, the front is ok but the rear is horrible. I think that it will look alot different in person becuase people will get an appreaciation for its size. The pictures make it look like a vw golf if you squint but in person i think we all might feel a bit different.

Porsche is just trying to tap the market, you can't blame them. lets all be glad that since Porsche decided to make an suv, they made a porsche suv. come on: 165 mph top speed and 0-60 in 5.6? You can't argue with those stats. Porsche knows that they need these sales either to survive or at least to expand so if this 2003 cayenne doesn't sell they will soon change the look to something that says 165 miles per hour alot better. You also have to realize that, yea it looks bad, but it must be doing something right because its a freakin suv with good enough aerodynamics and reduced drag to keep up with a brand new corvette.

So lets not all go bashing cayenne to all of our friends and saying what a horrible suv it is. Porsche needs the money, if they didnt they would not have done this. Promote it...we dont need another near bankruptcy like the 959 project in the late eighties. If Cayenne is sucessful then i think we will see a 998 or other new gt model very soon.

-scott
Old 03-06-2002, 06:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #68 (permalink)