View Single Post

930 WUR adjustment

I have been tweeking my pressures and got the car to run pretty well with some good AFRs across the range. I should have left it there. But tried one more tweek to see if I could improve it. For whatever reason, I cannot get it back to where it was.
Internally there is the boost /main spring adjust - with an allen key. This seems to adjust cold pressure setting. I set mine at 24 psi. When I checked the boost dump I got 7 psi drop. So good so far.
I am now trying to set hot pressure - while leaving cold pressure at 24 psi. It is dumping far too much fuel on boost now.
I can find a small screw above the bimetallic finger. I have concluded this helps the hot pressure setting. Depending whether the screw is seated on a set of points , you seem to have two resistance ranges. It draws 2 different current rates depending whether the screw is on or off the points. On the points 0.48A, off the points 0.26 A. I figure this setting determines how much heat/bend the finger gets to set the hot pressure? Flipping between the two settings - depending where you leave the screw.
Except I can't get more than another 12 psi out of it. (36 psi hot max).
Unless I crank up the cold pressure again.
I'm trying to keep them down a bit because it leans off and hesitates too much on low throttle.
Dam this is frustrating. I had it nailed a few days ago - pulling well from 2000 rpm, holding 11.5 - 12.0 thru the boost range.
I just tried to nail the dead spot below 2000 rpm - which I could well have lived with.
Have I sorted these adjustments right?
Is there anything else I can do/tweek?
Alan
Old 07-03-2008, 02:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)