View Single Post

Everyone,

Thanks for the advice! I think I have found the cuplrit and its not the steering rack. I saw a similar thread on this same issue back a couple of months ago. Its not the ignition lock. I replaced the steering bearing under the steering wheel about two years ago and in the process of taking the old one off- the bearings fell out. I thought I had gotten them out, but today when I took the ignition lock out -two fell out and then after turning the wheel some more three more fell out.

The bearings where falling into the slots for the ignition lock and then would bind or cause the wheel to lock. I thought it was odd when the wheel would unlock when I turned it in the opposite direction.

When replacing the steering wheel bearing make sure to take off the ignition lock and make sure you account for all the ball bearings!

However, I do plan to take a look at the steering rack this summer and the related bushings when I paint the car and replace the undercoating.

Thanks,

Mark
Old 07-03-2008, 01:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)