View Single Post
Cynical Misanthrope

Send a message via Yahoo to AFM744
To try and answer more of your questions (rather than monologue-dribble), the tiny thermoswitch closes once it reaches a certain temperature, thus activating the second heater, thus bringing the bimetal to op temp. The purpose for this design is if the engine is started at sub temp (whetever the thermoswitch opening temp is set at) then the engine will have a longer enrichment period than the standard 120sec provided by the single element resistor heater.
As for trying to get your cold CP set, I think you'll have to carefully tap your bimetal post in and out, but being it is a VERY stiff spring it takes very slight changes to radically change the CP, and why I just ended up taking mine out of the equation. In NorCal I can get away with this, dunno where you are.
If you are compelled to get your cold CP, I'd start there, and set the bimetal post so that the bimetal end is completely lifted off the spring seat when it's at op temp (probably a pretty fine adjustment), then use the adjustable concentric spring seat to set your hot CP.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)