View Single Post
Macht Schnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSPTurtle View Post
Some of you guys probably don't go into the motor rebuild forum but you still may know how to do this. How the he!! do you set the cam timing on these motors? I have no "Z1" mark on my pulley. There is no mark on the cam sprocket anywhere. How do you know when the motor is at TDC? How do you know when #1 is TDC and then where do you set #4? I just got the longblock back together and went to set the cams. After an hour of staring at it like a complete idiot I figured I would share my stupidity with the board and hope that someone has a link to the rosetta stone of how to do this. Is there a video anywhere on the web that I can watch to see how someone would actually set the timing on a 1985 930 Porsche??? Ugh... and I thought the hard part was over.
Hi,
I'm confused here, the stock pulley has a TDC mark for adjusting valves for Cyl 1 and Cylinder 4. That's the mark you use. Do you have Wayne's rebuild book?

Les
---Les Garten---85 930, Andial IC, GHL Headers, Fabspeed Dual, K-27 HF2, 3.4 JE Full Finned 7.5:1 CR, 964 CAM'd, Carerra 3.2 Manifold Cut/Flipped, Tec3r, Siemans 55#, GSF Fuel Rails, Clewett Crank Trigger, Clewett Cam Trigger,Dual Plugged, ARP Head Studs/Rod Bolts, Clewett Wires.Tial 46mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, WEVO Shifter,934 Boost Gauge, Wideband EGO Sensor/Gauge, C2T Head Gaskets, '88 MB 300TE,BMW R100RT
Old 07-03-2008, 08:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)