View Single Post
Certified User

Garage
Thanks for all the input. I'm quite impressed with the depth of knowledge available on this forum. It can help save newcomers heaps of $$ and time.

I was beginning to think there was more to this than meets the eye. I guess it comes from years of playing with NA engines where inlet size has a slightly different effect on power.

Keeping in mind that I'm not hunting big horsepower (= not wanting to spend mega bucks) but just wanting to improve low range performance, it looks like SC cams might be a better option than pissing around with the inlet tract.
I already have a K27 7200 turbo and larger intercooler ready to fit. (Its a B6 and yes, I have already gone through the pain of fitting it to my other car so I have all the fitting problems sorted! I am just swapping it between cars.)

Spuggy suggests "good headers, intercooler and a decent modern turbo". I'm not sure that the K27 7200 fits the bill but it's got to better than the standard issue.
As far as headers are concerned, I do have a set of new "Going Super Fast" headers available to me at a good price. We are getting off the topic of inlet spacers, but if there's any opinions about the merits (or otherwise) of these headers compared to Euro headers, I'd be interested to hear them.

With hindsight, I guess the subject of this thread really should have been "how do I get more off-boost power and maintain driveability without spending megabucks?".

I just noticed the date at the bottom of my screen. It's just another day for us in the ROW, but happy Independence Day to those who think they live in the centre of the universe from one who does!
Old 07-04-2008, 06:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)