View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by A930Rocket View Post
Since the B6 looks like a Kokeln, what's wrong with the Kokeln? I heard they had problems, but what kind that they could be worse than B6?

The 965 intercooler is good, but you'll need to lose your condensor in the lid and relocate it IIRC.

BTW, I have a Kokeln from 7-8 years ago.
I recently put in a Kokeln long neck- and, although the car runs well with it, I was amazed at the poor quality of welds/construction that you get for close to $1900 for the kit (through IA). The overboost switch mounting hole was poorly tapped and it stripped as I hand-tightened the sending unit. I wound up having a plug welded in and grounding the switch. My welder nearly tossed his cookies when he saw the welds on the Kokeln unit- there was visible dirt in them and they appeared to have been done by an amateur. If I had it to do all over again I may "chance it" with the B6 unit because it's basically a polished copy of the Kokeln unit- and if you buy it directly from B6 it's a heck of a lot less $ than the Kokeln, B&B, Andial...or any other brand that I've seen. I say, "chance it" because there have been reported issues some have experienced with poor communication, inadequate packaging leading to shipping damage and long production times (if you do a search you'll see what I mean). It's possible that B6 had some early growing pains and is now on the ball...so it may be worth giving them a call. My $.02.

Last edited by jay71; 07-06-2008 at 09:17 PM..
Old 07-06-2008, 09:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)