View Single Post

I should add, if you have the money to purchase a decent used Ferrari (especially a Testarossa) and spending said money would not really have too much of a financial impact on you overall I would go for it. Honestly I think the Testarossa pricing is near an all-time low. Look at the history of prices for the Berlinetta Boxer, it seemed as if the prices shot up overnight. They were at an all time low then all of a sudden collectors with money say them as the historicaly important car they allways were. The Testarossa is more common but I see no reason why it will not do the same.

Look at what the Testarossa has to offer.
Classic Interior layout, a great blend of old world craftsmanship and newer more contemporary style.

12 cylinder engine, and on a Ferrari this is one of the most important appeal points. The sound of a Ferrari 12 cylinder is so operatic! It's an experiance that all should be at the very least in the audience of, but if you are conducting the symphony of 12 pistons with your own foot it's even better.

At the time it was one of the worlds fastest cars. Sure, others have came along and are faster but they can't take away this historically important position from the Testarossa.
And last but perhaps most important is the body style itself. The Testarossa is arguably one of the most iconic cars of not just the 1980's, but ever! People see it and to this day associate it with the Ferrari marquee perhaps more-so than any other car Ferrari ever produced. Was it Ferraris best car? No, but it is among the most rememberable. Even a child, they might not know it is called a Testarossa but they would still be able to identify it as a Ferrari. I am younger than many on this board (1982), but I remember having pictures of that car up on my bedroom wall as far back as when I was 6. The car is more than just a car, it's a work of art.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)