Thread: Big tires!!!
View Single Post

Garage
Nathan,

I like the car with the ASP. I don't have a lap timer, so I can't document quantitative gains, but I can tell you that I see higher revs on corner exit, which essentially means I'm going faster. Some of that may have to do with switching to Nittos (from Kumho Victoracers), as well as just more seat time for me. The car is also very well planted, and correcting oversteer is more controlable now. The best comment I have received was from our driver's ed chair, who said the car does not act like an old 911, and that there is almost too much grip for the hp He mentioned that the car acts neutral - I have a stock engine, and it makes .1 bar less than stock boost, so it's not the fastest 930 out there!

A local Pelican has the setup on his Carrera 3.2, and he sees actual lap time improvements. What is also nice is the range of adjustment. I felt that I could achieve my desired camber and keep toe settings where I want them. Also, when you couple it with the quick change torsion bars, ride heights are a breeze, as are re-index jobs.

Overall, very happy with the setup.

F350Lawman, sorry for the mild hijak, but I figured it kinda relates... I'll check my pressures and post tonight. Nice wheels!
Old 07-15-2008, 03:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)