View Single Post
Slantnose from HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobieboy View Post
GJF, that's where my mental disconnect is...

If 2 turbos are creating same boost (measured before the butterfly), then isn't both turbo injecting same volume of air?

No, The turbo is nothing more than a pump as well. If the volume of air at 15psi is 800 and the volume on another at 15 psi is 600 then the 800 will make more power. The 800 turbo would also change the duration of ON boost in comparison to the 600 as well.

JFairman in no way should you take my post negatively. Yes the wastegate regulates exhaust to ultamatley control boost, but i am trying to word it as to not add a novel using the keyboard as well.

A 7006 and a HFS really are very simular but the HFS maps out to extend the RPM threshold further. It was more of a upgrade to change the powerband and not really put down bigger numbers.

I think it really is hard to gain huge numbers using CIS. 930's do make substantiial power using CIS and in no way am I bashing anyones car or am I saying that CIS can't make respectable power. I will say that once you hit the 500 mark it is very hard to go further with CIS.
Twin Garrett's, Big Valve, Xtreme Cylinder Heads, JB Racing cylinders and machine work, custom JE pistons, GT2 EVO cams, GT3 oil pump, modified 3.2L intake, 80mm TB, custom Intercooler, equal length headers, DFI, KEP Stage 2 custom twin disc, G50 custom gear set, LSD, Tilton trans pump, Fluidyne cooler
Old 07-15-2008, 03:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)