View Single Post
Cynical Misanthrope

Send a message via Yahoo to AFM744
Hobie-
please clarify; your datalog shows no temp delta at inlet temp regardless of boost? From my experience that's simply not right. The most efficient ICs may get full boost/flow to 10-20f above ambient. Ours are not perfect ICs, if for no other reason than their physical placement in a low pressure location at the back of the car.
IC efficiency is radically dependent on ambient temp and actual airflow too. On the S4 my WOT/redline IAT (manifold intake air temp) was 5-10F > ambient on a cold day, and 30-40F > ambient on a hot day. These temps also depend on a 2nd vs 3rd or 4th gear pull (airspeed). Those are ICs mounted in high pressure/flow area in the front bumper. I have no idea what my IATs are on this car yet as I'm still running bone-stock CIS, so I must respectfully question whether we're talking about the same thing.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)