View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFM744 View Post
What IC are you using? What IAT sensor? Where's it mounted? Perhaps your IC is very thermally stable that it is absorbing boost temp very effectively. The consequence of a very thermally-stable IC is that it also doesn't cool down off boost.
Regardless, +10F > ambient is awesome!
Its a custom full bay, 4.5" thick that Gerhard @ Bell intercooler (one of 2 owners - Corky Bell & Gerhard) designed with me. The sensor is mounted ~5" from the butterfly. Maybe I exaggerated a little - probably 15-20degF higher. But coming off the track, the output tank of the IC is indeed cool/barely warm to touch while the intake is hot; before heat soak! So it IS effective.

I remember Gerhard mention... pressure drop is overrated. If you have big enough a turbo to push air through hence sustain the boost you need, then all should be fine.
Of course, there's a fine balance here (& I suspect I could have used a smaller/thinner one), but that adds to the reason of my original question.

Last edited by hobieboy; 07-15-2008 at 07:46 PM..
Old 07-15-2008, 07:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)