View Single Post
Slantnose from HELL

OK, I know what I'm going to say here is comparing apples to oranges but. In terms of understanding volume take a fuel injector. I know it is using fuel (a liquid) instead of air. But if you take all the injectors they are rated @ 43.5 psi as a normal operating pressure. But by simply increasing the orifice the injector flows more volume at the same operating pressure. same as a turbo. If this wasn't true then your K27HF would make the same HP as my twin T4/T3 garretts @ 15psi. Or better yet any turbo as long as it makes 15 psi it will make the same HP? I know @ 15 psi I am lying down 650HP and at 22 psi I am well over 750HP. That would mean if I take your turbo and put it on my car and run 15 psi I would still make 650HP+. NOT.
Typically the larger the turbo the cooler the intake charge. If you go larger on the turbo but the intake heat increases then you would go backwards.

JFairman you stated you worked on 962, 935's ect. What shop do you work at? I also am in your neck of the woods.
Twin Garrett's, Big Valve, Xtreme Cylinder Heads, JB Racing cylinders and machine work, custom JE pistons, GT2 EVO cams, GT3 oil pump, modified 3.2L intake, 80mm TB, custom Intercooler, equal length headers, DFI, KEP Stage 2 custom twin disc, G50 custom gear set, LSD, Tilton trans pump, Fluidyne cooler
Old 07-15-2008, 07:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)