View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Hehe, yes the name game is confusing. A warm up regulator (WUR) is actually a fuel pressure control regulator in function with warm up as but one of the many jobs it performs. Piss poor naming scheme.

I would not be too quick to blame the problem on "B" the AAR. You did 2 things at once when you tightened the intake bolts. Put the AAR back on and see what happens.

There are half a dozen devices on the 930 CIS that bypass the throttle. The AAR, AAV, BOV, Decel Valve, and the various thermo time switches and valves. It's a freakin' vacuum leak waiting to happen.

As for "A" the throttle bypass or decel valve, that device is in place to route air around the throttle body during the high vacuum event of abruptly lifting the throttle. It does this to prevent the engine from stumbling.

Your right foot can take the place of all of these devices. They all allow the car to be easier to drive under different conditions. When I removed all that stuff I lived in Illinois. It gets pretty cold there in the winter. No problems starting and driving the car. All that is on my engine is the CSV (cold start valve), Fuel Head and WUR.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)