View Single Post

excellent question

I just returned yesterday from a 3 hour drive (outside Albany to Boston) in 90oF temps with windows and sunroof open as well. my gauge was rock solid at the midpoint even with boosting with an occasional Vette, EVO, WRX and such. I have a front fender cooler w/fan and it did NOT trigger to blow at any time during the mid-day run.

I've wondered too about the airflow, especially now that I have a bigger IC and less of an opening to draw air down... although I have removed the AC so most of the left side of the deck lid is fully open.

it is my understanding that the engine cooling by the engine fan is not fully dependent upon forced airflow over the deck because of the huge sucking capacity of the multi-bladed fan.

I do this trip multiple time over the spring-summer-fall. I'll pay closer attention to closing up the 'openings' to see if your observation holds true... how much below the 90oC mid point line did you get by roasting yourself inside your 930 oven?
Old 07-17-2008, 07:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)