Thread: Engine Install
View Single Post

So here it is... midnight again. I have a new aww shucks to add to the pile... when installing your motor, be sure that your brand new, molded heater hoses are tucked out of the way of the starter. Otherwise they will become wedged in there so tight that they will rip AND cause you to have to remove three of the four bolts holding the engine and tranny in the car. In other words, you get to turn a two hour job into a four hour job and throw your new $40 heater hose in the trash and replace it with the old one. Oh yeah... don't ever throw anything away

So, yes... the motor is in the car. The oil lines are tight, the fuel lines are tight, the electrical connections are made.
Little did I know what I was getting into a few months back when I started like this.

Now it once again looks like this...

And I can't believe that I get to have this view again (the new sound pad makes it look so much nicer).

So tomorrow I get to attach the exhaust, the CVs, the accel and clutch cables, fill it with oil and tranny fluid and attempt not to burn down the house.
Wish me luck... nighty night.
Engine Rebuild & Restorations
Old 07-17-2008, 08:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)