View Single Post
Large Member

Garage
Great reading, all of this. Thanks for all your contributions.

So the moral of the story is to leave "B", the "AAR", in there? I love losing unecessary crap, yoinking that would be great but not if I need it here in chilly CT.

D'oh - I'm "that guy" who plugged the decel valve (with a golf tee and a zip tie - I'm so high fashion)... but left the vacuum port wide open. Now that you type it Brian capping it seems so obvious. Again, d'oh. All seems fine as is, I'll cap it next time I'm in there I guess.

Funny - for some reason, before even reading this thread (I was only in the BOV delete thread until today), I saw the manifold nuts there staring me in the face (I'm sans A/C) and opted to check tension - a couple were pretty darn loose. Well, relatively at least. Nice!

Speaking of sans A/C... I'd LOVE to loose that huge hunka alum. that used to mount the compressor. Quick glance shows the exhaust strap bracket mounted to it. Anyone loose this? Any tips?

I'll be posting up my Jenny Craig results sometime soon - it is ohso gratifying looking at the MOUNTAIN of f'n crap I've pulled off the arse of the biatch thus far. Gotta be 150lbs.

Keep the great ideas flowing gents.

ps. and yes - I too fell for the vice grips bit... too funny.

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 07-18-2008, 05:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)