View Single Post
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
Great news. I pulled the electrical connector from the AAR valve body to check for power and it was full of oil. Cleaned it up and reconnected and the car now runs fine. High idle during initial start for 1-2 minutes and then backs down to 900rpm.
I did run it with the AAR valve plugged and it would not idle more than 600rpm or so. I did not want to remove it form the system and readjust the idle speed unless absolutely it had failed.
How do you readjust the idle speed on these turbo CIS anyway? I did not see an air bleed screw with all the intercooler and air filter installed?
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 07-20-2008, 07:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)