View Single Post
7.0:1 > 11.3:1

Garage
Andy, I use some gauges which look like a multimeter, not something which you would permanently mount inside the car. Once you see the inlet charge temp it never really changes much except for ambient temp, no real need for continual monitoring. These generic meters are handy for lots of other temp measurments. I have a couple of them and this Omega model cost about $130, look them up on the web.

I recall the meter came with a few of these small beaded thermocouples (k type) .006" wire size which have virtually no lag reading inlet charge temps. I drilled a 1/16" hole in my intercooler/ throttle body neck and used a hose clamp over a rubber strip to hold the thermocouple in and seal it, inserted the thermocouple about 1/4". Once removed I put a small short screw into the hole.

You will also need "K" type extension leads about 10-15' long.

These meters are handy if you do any diagnostics. You can get a variety of "K" probes . I've accumulated a box full: EGT, tire temp needle probe, cylinder head temp, optical for on-board rolling tire temps, oil reservoir, mostly racing related. There are dash mount gauges available from the likes of Autometer but I suspect the probes will be larger and not as responsive, more difficult to mount too.

Old 07-20-2008, 09:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)