View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Stock Motor = stock cams, heads
Better Headers = B&B/GHL/SSI/etc
Bigger Turbo = wild card as there are lots, lets say an appropriate K27S (stock heads & cam)
Bigger Intercooler = B&B/B6/Kokeln/etc
1.0bar Spring

This is pretty much what I have on my engine now. (I also have SC cams but no headers) I currently run 0.7bar boost because this is a baseline engine for my muffler testing. When I ran 1.0 bar it put out about 340WHP. You can expect abou that.

In a lower output engine like mine and the one you describe you can safely run 1.0bar boost with a good stock WUR or an adjustable WUR. My A/F numbers were spot-on. On a high output CIS engine such as Craig's you will need fuel system modification and/or adjustment to get the proper AFR throughout the operating range. ALWAYS verify your AFRs when adding boost. A bad/old/worn-out WUR can hurt your expensive engine in a hurry. At best a bad WUR will rob you of power and mileage.
Old 07-20-2008, 07:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)