View Single Post
Slantnose from HELL

As far as shuffle pinning. I don't care for the shuffle pins that are drilled in the material where the cases bolt together. JB Racing has a different approach which I feel is by far superior. They counter bore at the through bolt area on both sides of the cases and when the two halves bolt together they are indexed via a set of hardened tubular shuffle pins that mount around the bolts. This eliminates any weakening of the case as it removes minimal material and it gives a larger area for pinning the case halves without distortion. As other companies drill a hole in the cheek and add more stress on the cases and possibly causing cracking on the saddles.

EFI, by far would be the most brain bashing experience if you are not technically challenged but, anyone you ask who has done it would do it all over again as the end results are worth it.

I would go JE piston any day. The wives tails about them are false. They are just as durable. If you are a Mahle fan then they are just the ticket too. Either way you go they are both excellent products.

8.1 compression ratio would give you much better low end response.

twin plug is not needed but it is a good upgrade.

JB Racing has good retainers and springs for your cams
Twin Garrett's, Big Valve, Xtreme Cylinder Heads, JB Racing cylinders and machine work, custom JE pistons, GT2 EVO cams, GT3 oil pump, modified 3.2L intake, 80mm TB, custom Intercooler, equal length headers, DFI, KEP Stage 2 custom twin disc, G50 custom gear set, LSD, Tilton trans pump, Fluidyne cooler
Old 07-21-2008, 03:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)