Thread: GP of Germany
View Single Post
Registered

I think Massa is like Mika Hakkinen in that he is fast in a perfect car, but not great at all in a car that he is not comfortable with.

Hammy is still developing as a driver. All we are doing is guessing at what he can or can't do. I do see improvement in his car control though, and attribute that to growing confidence.

No driver, no driver worth any wins at all is ever "humble". Humility is required for wisdom and grace, and being a better person. But humility won't make you a faster driver.

Massa is a naturally fast, ballsy driver. I think he has less feel for car control than Raikkonen. Schumacher was a guy who was not as naturally fast, but he was damn smart, probably the smartest driver of his time.

What surprised me about Germany was the pass on Massa, sure, but the way Massa tried to re-pass Hammy with a half hearted move, then ended back up in the dirt again. I expected Massa to come with more than that. In the end, Ferrari showed up with less car than McLaren.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)