View Single Post

You know its funny... speaking of real car guys... I was out in the San Francisco area for a wedding and had picked up a convertible vette for the weekend. While enjoying the top down ride on the way to the reception a Z06 cross our path at an intersection.

Now we're way out on the east side of the bay so there really wasn't anyone around. My wife offers up that she thinks that guy is likely headed to the wedding as well. My respone is "cool, maybe I'll be able to see about going for a ride". She blerts out about how gay that is and this and that I simply offer up that its part of the 'Car Guy Code'. She laughs it off.

No sooner than do we put 'our' vette into park does the guy come up and introduce himself and ask whether we were there for the bride or groom. Immediately he follows that up with an inquiry as to whether we were sticking around until tomorrow because he was too tanked to drive (he was in the passenger seat) that night but would be happy to take me for a spin if I wanted.

As we walk away my wife just muttered about how she couldn't believe what she just witnessed... my response... "I tried to tell you that there's a Code!"
Old 07-22-2008, 10:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)