View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess p View Post
The Porsche is designed to run at top speed all day long. Try to do that with the
vette and see how long the engine stays together!

PORSCHE THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE!
I agree the Porsche will probably run maxed out forever but in the U.S. that is hardly a big plus or even a consideration for most buyers.

While I am firmly in the Porsche corner, the comparison isn't really fair. The GT2 is a special car and needs to be compared to the new ZR-1, IMHO. Secondly, I am not impressed with the new Turbo vs. ZO 6 tests I've read. Is the Turbo a better all around car, sure...but by how much? For nearly 2 x the price it should trounce it on the track and everywhere else, and that just isn't happening.

GM is offering awesome performance at a very good price..no getting around that. I am a Porsche/Ford guy, so I am hardly GM biased. The Nissan Skyline also has potential to give some much higher $$ cars fits as well.

Frankly if I bought a new Turbo and had little to no performance advantage over a Z0 6 or Skyline I would not be too happy. Now fast forward 20 years from now my new Turbo may still be in tip top shape and performing well compared to the others, but that is of little solace in the here and now.

Porsche cars no longer enjoy big performance advantages over the competition..period. In the case of GM, it's going to get increasingly hard to compete when you have little V-6s going against 7 liter V8 cars that actually weigh the same or less...turbo or no turbo.
1987 930 - K27 7200 / DAS Full Cage / Blownsix Intercooler / BB Headers / Zork Tube / Tial 46mm / Adjustable WUR / RPM Activated Solenoid / Open Element Air Intake / Smart Racing 27mm Sways / 24 and 33mm Torsion Bars / Adj. Spring Plates / Wevo Strut Brace / Monoballs / Tow Hooks / Oil Cooler Scoop / Brey Krauss Harness Truss / Race Seats / XD-16 AFR Guage/ 17" Kodiak Racing Whees and Nitto NT-01 255/315s

Last edited by F350Lawman; 07-22-2008 at 12:18 PM..
Old 07-22-2008, 12:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)