View Single Post

My injector blocks/spacers were stuffed - cracked and chipped and sealed with silicone. Even nipped down I was getting boost leak there.
From memory they are about $60 each.
If you don't mind the work - you could potentially save $360 by just nipping them down. I think the torque figure was 21 ft lb - but I can't find it now. But if you do 18- 20 lb you will be safe.
If they still prove faulty you will simply have to pull all that crap off twice. Like I say - 1/2 hr. But if you need to replace injector blocks then need to remove manifold too - which includes the CIS air/fuel system. Only 3 bolts apart from fuel lines. But if don't need to, good luck.
There is a hose you should have a close look at with the plenum off - it joins a Y piece off your manifold - and back into the plenum. You let the manifold end off to remove plenum. Try and make sure all that area is sealing well - my Y piece was leaking. But if that hose leaks, as with others on intercooler etc - you have more leaks. But you can only really get at that hose with plenum off.
I don't have air pump - I guess you need one. But it makes the job more worthwhile to do as much as you can while you are there.
You need to disconnect the fuel /o boost trip switch wire (rear plenum), and the boost gauge wire (front plenum) plus the hose on Y piece - lower left plenum, plus the hose just behind the decel valve on plenum - the LH hose. Make sure it is lined up on the nipple when you put plenum back on - hard to get at otherwise. Prise on'off with screw driver. Need to remove big rubber elbow off plenum (plus rear connecting rubber to turbo intake). I marked my elbow F and R to save hours trying to put it on back to front. (after wasting hours trying to put it on back to front). Use a bit of WD 40 on the inside of it when reassembling - and on all rubber O rings.
When you put plenum back on make sure it is clear below lower bolt before bolting down - I found out hard way. Your ignition leads, vac hose and o- boost wire all feed thru down there. Don't trap them.
Other than that - pretty straight foward.
Alan
Old 07-22-2008, 08:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)