View Single Post

Send a message via AIM to FlashGordon
Unhappy My 930 is Cutting Out...

After I am underway for 10 minutes or so, the car will hesitate and sputter. Seems like lack of fuel or spark. Then corrects itself for a bit and then the same intermittent problem. Eventually, it cuts out entirely and stalls. Car will not start for 10-15 mins or so (will not turn over). It will then start again, but will cut out (stall) again and each successive time this occurs it seems to take longer and longer before it will re-start.

I'm bummed. I had a ton of work done to it this past winter and have only gotten to drive the car about five hundred miles since. I had this same problem a few months back. The shop replaced ignition coil and put in a new Permatune CD box. This seemed to correct the problem for a few hundred miles, but now it's back. Car was towed back to the shop last night.

I'm looking for some suggestions on where to look next -or- perhaps someone who has gone down this road with the same problems/symptoms before?

Finally, does anyone think I'm out of line with my thought that the shop should do this on their dime (since it was potentially misdiagnosed with the CD box and coil?) I consider myself a very fair person and if my thinking is flawed I have no problem paying what is fair.

My car is an '87 930. K-27 7200, H/E/I, larger IC, 1 bar.

Thanks guys.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)