Thread: It's Back
View Single Post

It's Back

Just walked in from the garage after she started on the first flick of the key after reinstalling the motor. Just for giggles I pulled the fuel pump relays to see how long till oil pressure built... about 7 seconds of cranking. Popped the relays back in and she fired right up. A little lumpy on the idle but once I blipped the throttle she settled into a nice smooth idle.

Mad props to Hirevtuner for posting the pic of his engine dolly. I made one of those before I pulled everything back apart and I was able to get the engine and trans on the ground in about 90 minutes. Took about the same to get it back in.

Tranny is fixed, a few oil leaks are touched up, new exhaust gaskets all the way around, and new turbo oil line gaskets top and bottom. Oh yeah, for good measure I replaced my welded up throttle lever with a brand new one too.
You guys were totally right, second time around was much easier. The omega spring took all of thirty seconds this time as opposed for the two hours I had futzed with it the first time.

Will have to wait till tomorrow morning to see if my first gear flip works... wife threatened to hit me with a breaker bar if I did not shut it down immediately
Engine Rebuild & Restorations
Old 07-25-2008, 06:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)