View Single Post
Metal Guru

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredmeister View Post
The story is if you guys on this forum bought a Porsche turbo....you must think it is a superior car or we would be reading the Corvette forum now correct?
I really don't see the debate.....the Corvette is impressive, is a thousand times better than 2 generations ago, and good bang for the buck.
Other than that, I think it is B.S that the domestic auto makers use your Patriotism to make you feel guilty not buying an American car and at the same time they are sourcing parts and building the cars in foreign countries......hmmmm?
Porsche turbo is a supercar. Thats why I own one.
As for myself, I've always been euro-centric about cars, racing and sports.
Corvettes in the Detroit area are so numerous that there's nothing unusual about them. Porsches, on the other hand, are few and far between. I don't necessarily see Porsches as superior but different and refreshing.
With 1 in every 15 U.S. jobs tied to the domestic auto industry maybe we should all be concerned.
Porsche has a purchasing office in Troy, Mi. as they source parts and assemblies here in the good 'ol U.S. of A. Care to attack them too?
Port matched, SC cams, K27/K29 turbo, Roush Performance custom headers w/Tial MV-S dual wastegates, Rarlyl8 muffler, LWFW, GT2 clutch & PP, BL wur, factory RS shifter, RS mounts, FVD timing mod, Big Reds, - 210 lb
Old 07-26-2008, 08:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #79 (permalink)