Thread: It's Back
View Single Post

Dang, it is hot outside.

I did a search for "jack gadget" and did not find anything specific. As for the jack adapters that I could find, those looked pretty cool. Especially the one that you could change the fore/aft angle to get the shift rod up high into the tunnel. However, they were a little pricey. My dolly cost me... wait for it... nothing. I just took an old furniture dolly that I use and cut a notch on one side equal to the width of my floor jack. Then I found two pieces of 3/8" plywood in the garage that we use during hurricanes and cut notches out and used eight wood screws to mount them to the dolly. I did use the piece I cut out of the dolly on the back member as a spacer since the the sides of the dolly sit higher then the cross beams. You coudl probably get away with a single 1/2" piece of plywood but I did not have any of that laying around. If you want measurements, just let me know and I will go get them. I really just copied Hirevtuners picture that he posted on another thread so he gets all the credit for this one. The motor and trans balanced perfectly on the dolly.
Here are a few shots except my kids go-kart is sitting on it now and I was too lazy to pull it off. If you want specifics, I will be happy to get them but it is really nothing special.

Oh yeah, back to regularly scheduled programming... I went for about a 50 mile ride and still have a smile on my face. Here she is in all her glory, nice and prettied up ready for the dance.

Engine Rebuild & Restorations
Old 07-26-2008, 12:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)