View Single Post

I don't believe your problem is mechanical or caused by ignition.

What do you mean when you say "One side of the dual exhaust outlet"? Just a outlet after the turbo or before the turbo? Exhaust gases are siamesed prior entering the turbo so what happens after they leave the turbo is not important. It's just matter of exhaust flow trough muffler. It would be better to measure temp on your heat exchangers. If both are hot, everything is OK.

If your AFR's are not consistent after each boost run, I suspect your hand-made CIS plunger is sticking. If it's sticking, it will be stuck until large onset of boost air "unsticks it". This kind of behaviour is very hard to mend, even with digi WUR.

I would log RPM, boost, AFR in a full-boost run (WOT from 1500 RPM to 5500 RPM) and compare the results. If AFR is changing in-between, CIS in behaving inconsistently and CIS fuel plunger is probably sticking.

It might be time to remove the CIS and polish the plunger and it's bore little more?
Old 07-27-2008, 03:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)