Thread: No boost
View Single Post

Location: Reno NV, Bay Area during most weeks,, Kids still in NH
Send a message via AIM to 9dreizig
No boost

I thought i'd start a new thread on this since I think I've got my CIS leak issues fixed ( but who knows?)..
Anyway I am getting almost no boost - .2-.3 bar.. I just have the tach/boost guage but it's running like a dog so am quite sure it's accurate.
I went through and snugged up all the screws on the intake as well as double checked all the hoses around the intake so am pretty sure that isnt' it as well.
I also checked the wastegate diaphram in that I pressurized the hose that goes into the intercooler and could hear/feel the spring engaging/disengaging.
Unfortunately it looks as the wastegate has not been removed since it was installed at the factory in 86.. so I've just started the PB Blaster routine.. But my question is ... is it possible or does it often fail half open ?? So that amount of boost is all that can be developed ?? Could I have a bad turbo ?
That is a ton of boost to be missing and I'm quite confident it's not disapearing in the intake section..
Comments ?
91 Spec Miata (yeah I race a chick car)
"life"ll kill ya" Warren Zevon
Old 07-27-2008, 06:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)