View Single Post

I never gave it a thought as far as the manifold went. I just plonked the gaskets over the studs on to the spacers. The injector cut away still has to be up at the injector end of the spacer I think, to fit properly. But you can flip them over so the injector cut away sits either side on the spacer, and it makes no difference on the spacer - there is plenty of flat surface to seal on. Then I just plonked the manifold on top and torqued it up. First time definitely no leaks - so may have been lucky. It may just be my #6 port that is too marginal - in terms of how it is planned flat vs the surrounding casting. Luckily the gasket on that port came off with the manifold - still perfectly in place. I could see the spec of daylight between the injector cutaway and the edge of the manifold. It may have initially sealed with the silicone, and subsequently blew away with hot turbo boost. Don't know - but I did think I pressure tested it 2 nd time around too.
When I looked at the others, some were oriented same way and were just sealing on manifold surface by a mm or less. Flip them over and they have several more mm to seal on. One of the hard earned lessons.
Take note Todd.
Regards
Alan
Old 07-28-2008, 03:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)