Thread: Detailing a 930
View Single Post
"I wuz the liquor..."

My paint, exterior trim, and interior were/are in primo condition when I picked up the car, which makes detailing much easier.

My car is always garaged...even at work (parking garage), so I'm just maintaining things. I use Zaino Brothers and the cleaner your canvas, the better your results. So after a good washing with Dawn, then a clay bar application, I used a light Menzerna polish with a giant green polishing pad on a Porter Cable orbital, to prep things. I then applied the Zaino (I use the Z-AIO ALL-IN-ONE, cleaner polish). I apply an extremely thin coat and let the car sit over night and rub it off. The more coats the better and deeper the shine. So I try to re-apply it after every few car washes. A tiny bit goes a L-O-N-G way and is very easy to apply and remove.

For the black trim, I use Aerospace 303. I've also used the 303 with good results on the interior, but I've recently gone to using those interior wipes from Meguires.
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 07-29-2008, 12:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)