View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by beepbeep View Post
It all depends on how it's connected.

If it's connected so it lowers the control pressure with boost you will get even more boost enrichment and more leanness on part-load.

The fact the car had an EBC, and the stock spring seems to give me 0.8 bar, and the fact the engine had recently been thru major mechanical failure/rebuild, and had a note attached to it warning against boost over 1 bar, I suspect it has been hooked up for the scenario Goran has suggested here. Given that CIS seems to have a tendency to lean out on boost, if you want to push it to 1 bar, you would have to do something more to stop it melting, and get whatever performance needed. The intercooler is stock.
So, taking Nathans advice I have tried to simplify the process, in the hope of identifying the source of the problem. I have removed it. Now I am just waiting on fittings so I can put my fuel line back together and put the CIS back into the car.
We will see - but I think this is the right way to go.
When I first posted a query about this bit when stripping my car down, we identified the part and the fact it was a fuel enrichment device. Since my problem is a fuel leaness (pre boost) I figured this probably was assisting my fuel system more than hindering. But Goran points out it can work in several ways - depending how it is hooked up. It is gone now.
Regards
Alan
Old 07-30-2008, 11:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)