View Single Post

Garage
I customarily have a set route I take about once a month. I might see 3 or 4 cars in the 62 mile loop. Great roads no traffic what's not to like? 4 or 5 years ago my best friend and I decide to take another route because I wouldn't be able to drive the car for the next couple of months and we thought we'll try something different. This route is not on FM roads so there is more traffic. A car every 3-4 miles. We ran the car up to 170 and cruised there for a time because we could see ahead several miles and started backing off. There was a crest on the horizon so I backed it off some more and a Highway cop pops over the hill. I clamp down pretty hard on the brakes and am already pulling over as he passes me with his lights on. I'm thinking I'm going to jail. He gets out comes up to my car and asks me if I had an emergency. No sir, just out for a Sunday drive. He tells me he clocked me at 93 and he is going to have to give me a warning. A WARNING. I could not belive it. In parting he told me I might want to find another place to drive on Sundays. I haven't been back on that road since.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)