View Single Post

Garage
I just got back from driving the car for about 45minutes, the leaking appears to come from someplace higher than the cylinder base gaskets, before the base gaskets leaked all the time even when sitting. I dont think they are leaking from there like before, the engine wasn't terribly oily but was still wet but it didn't take much to clean up.

A/R's look good now, Boost wastegate was letting go as it should the BOV was letting go as it should. i did dial back the timing with the boost retard but the car was dragging so i put it back to 0 again. It is very hard to keep the RPM's down the below 5000 when the boost hits, i was able to keep things around 4000 most of the time going up and down the RPM scale pulled a few times over 5 and once it jumped to 6400, i couldn't stop it.
The car was running on the hot side most of the time, it sat around 240 and would come down to 210 but the boost was heating things up as i was accelerating and coasting on and off the whole time. I am waiting for my front oil-cooler fans and the temp today is around 90 so i dont think i am going to worry to much about it at this time.

I am having fun, but these first outings are always nerve wracking worrying about everything

914 6 Turbo twinplug 3.12
87 924S
Lexus SC400
Lexus LS400
Old 08-01-2008, 10:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)