Thread: Injector Blocks
View Single Post

I am going through the same problem. After some careful consideration, I decided not to use the after market aluminum blocks. I believe Porsche used the phenolic intake blocks to keep heat from being absorbed by the injectors. I predict hot start problems from leaking injectors due to the heat.

My intake and heads were ported by someone else and my injector blocks were bored out.

Some people say that Porsche used the 32mm spacer to increase velocity at low end and help with off boost torque.

I've also heard that a few 930s's came with 38mm blocks. It makes me wonder why Porsche used those if there was the issue of off boost torque. Maybe they saved the good stuff for the "s" model? I'm only speculating here and using deductive reasoning for my own choices.

Personally I think the off boost torque can be helped by using a better ignition curve and camshafts. I haven't gotten that far yet so I can't speak from my own experience.

Anyway, I ended up boring new injector blocks to 36mm to better match what was already done to the engine.

If the crack they crack. However, the old ones that were previously bored cracked and the very bottom where the material is thicker. So, go figure.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)