View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by beepbeep View Post
That's great news!

Could you give us the run down on your AFR's vs. RPM at ful throttle? Can you hook up your WBO2 so it logs those two things?

As you can see, somewhat leanish AFR is OK before the boost kicks in (as long as it's richer than 14.7)
I'm not a techno person on the computer/electronic stuff - can find broken wires, measure resistance etc - but thats about it. But we are trialling some very small cameras (size of an egg) on karts, considering making it mandatory for each kart to carry one. To resolve race incidents. They take a small memory card and record up to 2 hrs of info in digital form, then overwrite the original stuff - continuous. You pull the card out, plug in laptop and high quality pictures/sound emerge. You can slow- mo, freeze frame. The quality is so good you would think you were in the seat. No vibration, blurring, whatever. So am looking at installing one to monitor the gauges. Cost about $200. Probably cheaper than setting up datalogging, and can use in car later.
You can see from your data that there is a quick AFR boost dump - which I suspect they want. With my WUR boost port disconnected, I am not getting this, but somewhat unexpectedly, get a progressive lowering of AFR. So at the point yours drops from say 14.5 to 12? mine would would go 14.4, 14.3, 14.2..... until at max revs we hit 12. But if I hook the boost dump in at moment I would go 13.5 - 9.5 and stay there.
Trying to order digi WUR at moment. Once they discover where NZ is, we will be in business. The site won't let me order at moment - because it has not heard of NZ, and I'm not allowed to tell it. Columbus found America a few hundred years ago, but techno Unwired has yet to find NZ.
Regards
Alan
Old 08-04-2008, 12:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #84 (permalink)