View Single Post

Sounds like a cool idea!!
I agree with most of the above...

Remove spacer, get your self a few steel lugnuts from a 356, or get a few spare aluminum ones and hack the ends off to open them up. You don't have to "drive" for this test... just mount the 16x8 w/no spacer to try.

maybe cut a long strip of 1-1.5 in cardboard or posterboard, something stiff enough to affix to the tire or rim along the entire circumference... Duct tape or hot melt glue come to mind

Find a place to mount it secure, like, right along the outer edge of the rim, perpindicular to the sidewall

You can make another template of the tire to slide around the cardboard to check clearance in different spots.

Jack up the car on the opposite front corner of the wheel you mounted this crazed contraption on. This will send the tire way up in the fender well, simulating suspension travel on the road more or less.

Definately do it for both sides as the cars are rarely semitrical in that era.

If it works, and you do the wheel mod the stud issue can be solved in multiple ways...

I hope this doesn't sound retarded, I pulled it out of my @ss while briefly avoiding my own difficult technical problems.

Good luck

Last edited by rsrmike; 08-06-2008 at 09:48 AM..
Old 08-06-2008, 09:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)