View Single Post

Martin and all,
I'm currently working on a 74 Carrera that has the Bremteks. So I thought I'd post some pictures so the folks at home can see what the Bremtek Racing calipers look like.

You can see that they are a four piston caliper and the pads are held in by one pin.

When I took these out to take the picture, there was a paper backing that someone put between the pad and the pistons. But the pistons had cut right through this paper backing and again were making direct contact to the back of the pad.
A friend that knows about rattling brake pads in racing calipers says that the movement (rattling) is so the pistons will move back into the calipers quickly and not drag on the brake disk.

These brakes seemed to of worked almost too good or they had way to hard of a brake pad for the street because they really wore down into the brake disk so much that I had to really work at getting them out.
I'm glad we know they were made by Wilwood, because I need to get new pads for them before putting the 74 back on the road.

Later, Flank
Old 08-06-2008, 10:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)