View Single Post
Wo ist die Rennstrecke?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDD View Post
Honestly, I have been nervous lately about taking a 30 year old car beyond a certain speed. Just me, but I am glad my gearing ends at 156 because it kind of removes temptation. Plus the acceleration at lower speeds is great.

I don't have any real incentive to race a Z06, for instance, because he would still have about two gears left at 150.
Suffice it to say, these cars are fast. But I think you are correct about 30 year old cars/technology. You really have to have a highly modified 930 to hit some of the speeds mentioned in this thread. And its not limited to HP either. With the aero package (or lack thereof) of an early turbo car, its tough hitting 150+ mph. And then you better have the suspension and tires in good shape.

If you believe the speedo, I hit 160 on the back straight at Road Atlanta. Thats with 525hp, 4sp (with short gears) and a 964 aero package at red line.

The best part of that run was the ability to bring the car down to a good entry speed to turn 10A, faster than anyone around me. Big reds rock....
Old 08-06-2008, 03:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)