View Single Post
Infidel

Some crappy car vids of some high speed runs from last year, not 930's I'm afraid, i put a hole in a piston in the morning and ended up as a passenger for the rest of the day. You can get some idea of the buffeting at this speed, and the wind noise increase as it starts seeping through the door seals.

This one I'm in a uber modified 993tt belonging to TB993tt, RS tuning monster, this run is over 190mph GPS verified, speedo is off the clock. I'm reading his intake air temps, his car has a Secan intercooler and it held 20-degrees above ambient flat out LINK

This one is in Martyn's 993tt, also RS Tuning but not quite as extreme, his sunroof literally blew out of the car on a previous meeting so he was staying under 190mph, this one is also secan cooled. We're doing a rolling drag race with Toby's car in the above link
LINK

This one is a bit closer to the 930, JamesE's 600bhp 964. Judd (engine dyno) tuned monster. We didn't confirm the speed on this run but a subsequent run was 194mph confirmed and it will go quite a bit quicker, he was finding his feet so to speak. Apart from the noise it felt stable enough, still damn scary though when you're not behind the wheel
LINK

Once i get mine properly tuned and I'm happy to hold it at WOT I'll get something up. Do any of you guys have some in-car high speed runs?
Old 08-07-2008, 01:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)