View Single Post

K27S with GSF Installation - Intake Tube Removal

Hello, I'm new to the forum, but have found many answers to my questions on this site over the last few weeks.

I've started an upgrade project on my 1986 911 turbo. I purchased a K27S turbo, set of GSF headers, muffler kit and low restriction air intake kit from Imagine Auto.

I had the same header installation problems that I've seen here in previous posts (remove 2 inches from heater pipe, etc). With the headers bolted up, the new K27S seems to be way out of position, as the top of the turbo now rubs the tin tray above it and the turbo intake pipe now sits about an inch higher than stock. The pipe is very tight to the turbo, so much so that I can't fully move the pipe into the correct position.

I discussed the problem with Stephen at Imagine and he told me to measure carefully and then cut the pipe (it looks like I'll need to remove an inch from the top side of the pipe and half an inch from the bottom of the pipe to provide enough clearance to properly position the pipe).

I've removed the turbo again to provide space to twist the pipe around to get it out of the car, but I can't remove it. Has anyone removed this pipe from their car?How do I go about doing it?
Old 08-08-2008, 03:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)