Thread: gauge problems
View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by john930 View Post
My boost gauge in my 83 turbo now goes to full deflection when I turn on the ignition and does not change at all when driving. I have checked wiring at each end which seem okay. It has been like this for about a month.
It's getting 12V, but the signal wire either isn't connected to the sensor, or the boost sensor has gone open-circuit.

Ground the signal wire and it should read zero on the gauge; trouble-shoot from there.

Quote:
Now the oil level gauge is flickering over its full range intermitently when driving along. When I stop and let the engine idle it registers a steady reading which is correct when compared with the dip stick. I have cleaned the terminals on the tank but this had made no difference.

Is this a sensor or a gauge fault for either of these problems or how can I test this.

Thanking you for your help in advance.
This is an FAQ, and entirely normal behaviour for the oil level guage. The reading from this is only valid on flat ground, with the oil up to full operating temp, after the motor has idled for about 30 seconds to return all the oil to the tank.

I look at mine stopped at red lights, and pretty much no other time
Old 08-09-2008, 05:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)