Thread: Tach signal
View Single Post

Prehaps memebrs on this thread can assit, as I have a related issue-I have a turbo 3 litre, 1977 with 8 pin CDI box.

Seems the unit is not getting a live feed, I am struggling to see where the live feed comes from, is it from the fuel pump relays in the front, or the panel on the left rear, if so, which relay controls it?

I heard the so called safety relay and or over boost relay controls the power to the CDI- is this were I need to look, if so, what do these component s look like?

I did have an issue with the cable going to the boost sensor on the inlet manifold, it got mixed up with the one that goes ( I am told) to the over-boost sensor, and at the same time I had a boost guage failure, the guage goes off scale full boost as soon as ignition comes on.

I have had this CDI intermittent problem in the past, but it always rectified itself, but do not like an intermittent fault that can come back at an in opportune moment!
Old 08-11-2008, 01:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)