View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 930gt-40r View Post
Back then, if you wanted a fast car for 50K, you would buy a 930 or be smoked.
$50K?! I don't think so! Try $79K.

Turning back the clock....
I can just hear the ol' timers in the 70's telling the world that cars are getting soft when they're comparing the MG's and Triumphs to the new breed of GT cars coming out. "Power windows, power locks, power brakes, air conditioning, sun roofs? C'mon get real!"
Here we are, thirty years later, having the same stupid inane argument. The more things change, the more they stay the same...

The new Z06 is a great car, as is the 911 GT3, GT2. For that matter, so is the new Lancer EVO. If manufacturers can put a great car in the hands of someone who can't afford the high priced spreads, it's a win for everybody. They will never have the collector value, but who cares?? Enjoy the diversity of the cars, because there has never been a better time in the sport.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 08-11-2008, 10:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #117 (permalink)