View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan L View Post
I would prefer not to have 17" wheels - RUF or Fuchs. But the car came with thatn and I can't afford to change them at the moment. Would really prefer 15" for the track, but 16's would do.
As for the weight difference hobieboy - I carry a measured liter of water in my washer bottle - thinking of removing it - but one day my screen may get smeared in dirt on the track. I think the bumpers would account for most of it.
Did you strip out all the rear seating stuff and floor coverings down to the bare shell - including the side trim etc? Have you removed all the rear wiper gear?
I then recovered mine in a very light weight carpet - would weigh about a kilo.
I'll weigh the sunroof gear today. I actually put a full hood lining back in place - partly to cover the ugly hole, and partly because the class I race in requires it. Had to make up some bows for the lining. Didn't realise big difference between sunroof and non- in terms of fitting the linings.
Regards
Alan
Hi Alan,
I also only have the small windshield fluid tank that sits inside the trunk & it is 1/2 full (probably 500ml). With my bare rear aluminum bumper+Euro shock tube, it weighs probably 10/15lb heavier than the FG unit I have hanging on the wall.
I haven't done same for the front though. All the interior seats/lining/soundproof are gone. And I replaced the stock metal rear wing with FG unit. And RS America like door panel replaced the stock ones. The front trunk is emptied.
So, the only thing left that I can think of are heater fans behind the dash (I still need heat though ), underbody coating, then body panels (including bumpers) & glass...
Old 08-13-2008, 06:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)