View Single Post

Garage
Possible 2nd 914

I must be nuts. I've come across a 73 1.8 for sale. I checked for rust at everywhere I could get to without tearing it apart. It's pretty rust free! More so than the one I have now was when I bought it. Body is in good shape except for drivers rear quarter panel. It was ripped up by rear wheel coming off? He cut out the affected area & welded in a new piece. Looks like a pretty solid job but he has not done the finish work yet. I did'nt get to drive it yet because the battery was dead. I did'nt have good cables to get it going(bummer). I'm going to check it out again this week. The car looks great except for said quarter panel. It has a hood crest & the rear reflector with trunk release. The interior is in pretty good shape. The engine has mod's & I'm not totally sure what they are. He said it has 2.0 pistons & was beefed up to 2500cc. All this was done by previous owner. It started running a little rough he said. To many projects is why he's selling it. So here is what I'm thinking. It is in better shape than my 73 2.0 was when I bought it for $1000. I know this from experience now.I have about $7500 in my 2.0 now & about 9 months of weekends. I figure I can either do a conversion or have Jake build me a nicely hoped up 2.0 motor. Please help cure my insanity. Good idea or BAD idea

Last edited by JRust; 03-17-2002 at 03:12 PM..
Old 03-17-2002, 03:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)