View Single Post

Garage
What a DUNDER Head

I know you guys ain't going to believe this one. My son and I rebuilt the carbs on the teener. The seats were bad and over flowing gas.
Anyway things were going great, fired the motor right up. Whipped out the synch tool and dialed them 44 IDF's like a pro. Hey lets go for a spin, got down the block and all of a sudden bang, bing! BANG!! BANG!!! UH OH??? This was the death sound comming from the motor. Seems one of us lost track of one wavy washer. Ya know it got through the intake valve real good.

Upon further review and motor pull, head Pulled off it was/is real ugly!!! Found three pieces of the wavy washer stuck in the head squish section numerous dents throughout the combustion chamber. Then there is the piston Major dents whole surface and one good one along the edge. Nothing got past the rings.
So how screwed am I, I know I can fix the head But what about the forged 94MM Euro piston? Cylinder wall is perfect.
Old 03-17-2002, 05:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)